What you need to get started:
- Please sign up for your free trial with Wing and create an account. You can then set up your child or children’s profiles. You can complete this process by clicking here.
- You will then need your access to your child's Apple mobile device, such as an iPhone or iPad. We advise you speak to your child and gain their consent to do this.
- You will also need your Mac computer/laptop.
- A USB cable to plug your child's Apple device into the computer/laptop (only for the initial backup — backups can be done via Wi-Fi after this).
- Access to a Wi-Fi connection.
You can now proceed to download and install the Wing Desktop Application which will allow you to pair your child's phone and complete their profile set up on your Wing account. More details of this can be found below.
Please note system requirements before beginning downloading the Wing Desktop App.
- Wing is only able to monitor mobile devices running on Apple's iOS 10 or later.
- You will need to have a Mac laptop or desktop that is running version 10.9 or above to be compatible with the Wing Desktop App.
- Run the Wing.dmg install file downloaded using the button above.
- Drag the icons into your applications folder to install the files. Once the apps are installed you will need to visit your applications folder to open the iMazing apps. *Wing uses iMazing to connect to your child's phone and allows the Wing app to analyse their online world.
- To start the full setup and take a backup of the iPhone or iPad you need to follow the instructions from iMazing shown below:
- Connect the device when prompted to do so.
- If this is the first time connecting your device then you will need to pair it to your computer. Simply follow the onscreen instructions in order to do so.
- Select the device you wish to back up on the left hand side of the screen.
- Review the backup options and click next. It is important that you disable the backup encryption so that Wing can access the information that it needs to analyse your child’s online emotional world. It is also important to make sure that the Automatic Backups are turned on so that the app can be updated.
- Once your backup is complete close the window.
- The backup process can take some time to complete while Wing analyses your child's online emotional world.
- Now, open the Wing desktop app and sign in with your credentials.
- You will then be asked to choose the child's profile that you wish to connect to the device to. Once you have done so, select ‘Next’ to proceed.
- Then, select the device that you would like to pair with your child’s profile, followed by 'Next' to proceed.
- Select 'Yes, pair now!' to pair the device with your child’s profile. You will be notified when this is complete. You can then visit the Wing application to see your child's emotional landscape from their online interactions.